How to Go for Your Dreams
Posted December 30, 2008on:
- In: news fresh!
- Comments Off on How to Go for Your Dreams
Everybody has dreams, even if they’re buried deep inside childhood fantasies. Here’s how to find them and make them come true.
- Get in touch with your dreams. What do you fantasize about doing with your spare time? What extraordinary future makes you feel a little bit more alive when you imagine yourself in it? What did you dream about when you were a child? Think about it …And write it all down.
- Identify mental obstacles that stand in the way of your dreams. For example, maybe you’ve always dreamed about becoming a painter, but you were too worried about what people think, or about not making enough money. In this case, your obstacles are ego and finances. Ask yourself honestly: What’s more important, achieving my dreams, or getting respect from my peers, or being financially secure? If I had to choose between my dreams and my other concerns, what would I choose?
- Make changes in your life. If you’re not already working towards your dreams, you’re probably trapped in a cycle that keeps you locked away from them. Break the cycle. For a lot of people, that means changing careers. (Read How to Switch Careers.)
- Set clear, inspiring goals. Goals are like pillars that support your dreams.